Reporting to the Ontario Sales Director, the Lighting Specialist will be responsible for business development in GTA for existing and potential customers by focusing on project business.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Achieve and exceed territory sales by using competitive selling and tracking strategies.
- Establish and maintain excellent business relationships with authorized distributors in his/her territory.
- Focus on the projects and stock and flow business.
- Build and maintain excellent business relations with existing and potential customers.
- Provide education and training on existing and new focus products including related marketing and selling tools.
- Track and analyze monthly sales performance with GTA sales reps to ensure sales are aligned with budget and strategy.
- Fully participate in all training activities, trade shows, quarterly sales meetings, national sales meetings, etc.
- Provide market information & pricing trends to the Regional Sales Manager & the marketing team when required.
- Stay aware of market trends in order to propose new product ideas to the marketing department.
- Some overnight travel is required.
Required skills and qualifications
- Must be customer centric & people oriented.
- 5 + years of experience and relationships with the contractor sales.
- Demonstrate great sense of autonomy, initiative and business acuity.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Bilingual (French and English) is an asset.
- Good computer skills; MS Office suite, Zoom / Teams software and knowledge of SAP an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience.
- College Degree in Sales, Commerce, Marketing or other related field is an asset.
- Experience in lighting, electrical or control systems.
- IES diploma is an asset.
The Stanpro advantage
Stanpro offers a stimulating work environment where each individual is given the opportunity to maximize his or her talent and improve his or her daily life. We do our utmost to facilitate a work-life balance for each one of our employees. Our organizational culture supports inclusion and diversity, which give our company a competitive edge. We are proud of our commitment toward our community and the collective initiatives in which we are involved.
Stanpro is committed to the Equal Access Employment Program. We encourage women, aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities as well as disabled persons to apply. We invite disabled individuals to inform us of their specific needs in order that we might provide accommodation and assistance measures at the time of the selection process. The masculine is used throughout this document for purposes of clarity and facility of reading.
We thank you for submitting your application. Please note that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.